Wednesday, November 4, 2026

Scribe Caste of Gor — Meeting Summary November 4, 2026

Scribe Caste of Gor — Meeting Summary

Wednesday, November 4, 2026 · 8–9 a.m. SLT · Thunder Mountain
Hosted by Marcus Aurelius Antoninus · Led by Trygg Tyran

The group held its first meeting under the new monthly schedule. Following the Scribe Summit, meetings will generally take place on the first Wednesday of each month, giving members more time for Scribe work in their own cities.

Trygg will call for volunteer hosts one week before each meeting. The first volunteer will choose the topic and lead a friendly discussion. Hosts can draw from the group’s list or choose their own topic, including broader Gorean lore explored from a Scribe’s perspective.

Suggested discussion topics

Suggested byTopics
Kati EvansGorean companionship, what first drew members to the Blue Caste and who inspired them, and whether players should disclose their alts to the city. Autumn seconded companionship.
Marcus Aurelius AntoninusWhy Gorean society restricts knowledge, whether knowledge creates responsibility, what Scribes should disclose, and how control of records gives someone influence.
Trygg TyranWho controls knowledge and why teachings differ by birthright, how to train new Scribes, and whether training should be in character, out of character, or both.
Lady Inga DraegoniaWomen serving as Magistrates in cases involving men, apprenticeship as a training method, and whether players can fully separate in-character and out-of-character knowledge.
Bea Lael UsamiThe decline in Gorean regions in Second Life. Bea raised this at adjournment and said she could discuss it at a later meeting.

The group briefly discussed how alts can affect shared storylines and how difficult it can be to keep multiple characters separate. Kati also invited everyone to her and Kaellaed’s Companionship Celebration in Turmus on November 19 at 5 p.m. SLT.

Follow-up

  • November 4 at 5 p.m. SLT — A second session was announced for those who could not attend the morning meeting.
  • December 2 — Trygg will call for a volunteer host and topic.
  • December 9 at 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. SLT — The next monthly meeting, held on the second Wednesday as a one-time exception. The host and topic are open.

◈◉◈═════════════════════════════════════════════════ ◈◉◈

You are now at ~ THUNDER MOUNTAIN ~ BTB  RP , THUNDER MOUNTAIN (112, 90, 37)

[7:54 AM] zCS: [THUNDER MOUNTAIN] - Money - Self-Unbind - Aid: On - Fall Damage: Off - Drowning: Off - 35% Pickaxe

[7:54 AM] Lady Inga Draegonia (draeconia): So is this your way of getting us to sit in the exact seat you want us in, Marcus?

[7:55 AM] Selia (violet325) is online.

[7:55 AM] Marcus Aurelius Antoninus (mathman.orellana): will have to look at those chairs after the meeting

[7:56 AM] Dea (lady.stromfield) is online.

[7:59 AM] Dexter Winters (sytheking1) is offline.

[8:00 AM] Bea Lael Usami (lifepath) smiles, "Tal everyone, Sirs, Ladies, slaves if any"

[8:00 AM] Vulcan Arian (lordmarshall) is online.

[8:01 AM] Lady Inga Draegonia (draeconia): Tal Tal Tal Greetings, Salutations, etc etc etc.

[8:01 AM] Autumn Krigerand (autumneir): Greetings everyone she says with a wave

[8:01 AM] Lady Inga Draegonia (draeconia): who says?

[8:02 AM] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran) smiles in welcome. to everyone. "This is a nice turnout for the first meeting of November. Thank you all for coming, and thanks to Marcus for hosting us today. "

[8:03 AM] Bea Lael Usami (lifepath) smiles

[8:06 AM] Kati Evans nods greetings to everyone as I dust of some of the dust from the tarn ride here.

[8:08 AM] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): Welcome everyone, to the new format monthly meeting of Scribe Caste of Gor* group. This will be the first meeting in the once per month frequency of meetings, meaning that we meet on the first Wednesday of the month instead of bi-weekly. There will be an exception to that in December due to a RL appointment that I have on the first Wednesday of December.

[8:09 AM] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): I think that we are all busy doing scribe work in our own cities, and since the Scribe Summit is concluded successfully, thanks again to Marcus and Lady Myriam, we can devote more time to the scribe castes in our own cities.

[8:10 AM] Aries Marchese (d3athmak3r3) is offline.

[8:10 AM] Aries Marchese (d3athmak3r3) is online.

[8:10 AM] Bea Lael Usami (lifepath) smiles having enjoyed attending the Scribe Summit

[8:11 AM] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): That said, the next meeting of Scribe Caste of Gor* group will be on Wednesday, December 9, at 8 am and 5 pm. We, or rather, you, all will be selecting a discussion topic, relative but not limited to Scribe topics, since general Gorean topics from a Scribe perspective will also be honored.

[8:12 AM] Vulcan Arian (lordmarshall) is offline.

[8:12 AM] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): The week before the meeting, I will be calling out for volunteers to host the meeting the following week, and whoever volunteers first will be able to select the topic and lead the discussion. We aren't looking for presentations per se, or debates, but friendly discussions on the lore, which Scribes are  prone to do.

[8:15 AM] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): So with that in mind, I will open the first topic of discussion, which will be titled "What Topics Would You Like to Discuss at Our Monthly meetings?"  Does anyone have any ideas. We will create a list of possible topics, but the list is non-binding. Whoever hosts  can choose whatever topic they like. Does anyone have any ideas they would like to share?

[8:15 AM] [Second Life: Items successfully shared.]

[8:18 AM] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): Anyone have any ideas?

[8:19 AM] Kati Evans: grins I am all for companionship with mine two hands away.

[8:19 AM] Kati Evans: grins I am all for companionship with mine two hands away.

[8:20 AM] Autumn Krigerand (autumneir): I second that

[8:20 AM] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): That would be a good topic, Kati. And you will bring a new perspective to the topic by the time we meet next, as you will have been companioned for two weeks by then.. I will put it on the list.

[8:21 AM] Marcus Aurelius Antoninus (mathman.orellana): Congrats Kati

[8:22 AM] [Second Life: Items successfully shared.]

[8:22 AM] [Second Life: Items successfully shared.]

[8:22 AM] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): Yes, congratulations Kati

[8:23 AM] Marcus Aurelius Antoninus (mathman.orellana): Well I found some topics that might be interesting

[8:23 AM] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): Let's hear them Marcus.

[8:24 AM] Kati Evans: November 19th at 5 pm in Turmus and you are all invited.

[8:24 AM] Marcus Aurelius Antoninus (mathman.orellana): Why would Gorean society restrict knowledge?

[8:25 AM] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran) marks my calendar

[8:25 AM] Marcus Aurelius Antoninus (mathman.orellana): Does knowledge create responsibility?

[8:25 AM] Marcus Aurelius Antoninus (mathman.orellana): Should Scribes disclose everything they know?

[8:25 AM] Marcus Aurelius Antoninus (mathman.orellana): just a few

[8:25 AM] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): Excellent ideas.

[8:26 AM] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran) makes a note of them.

[8:26 AM] Autumn Krigerand (autumneir): peaks an interest in those topics

[8:27 AM] Nicholas Eel is online.

[8:28 AM] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): Don't be shy people. Let's try to build a list that will be interesting to the scribes of Gor.

[8:29 AM] Marcus Aurelius Antoninus (mathman.orellana): How could control of records translate into influence?

[8:29 AM] Saku (mi.yuequi): @

[8:29 AM] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): Saku?

[8:31 AM] Carola Aromata (charlottefrees) is offline.

[8:31 AM] Saku (mi.yuequi): Sorry, but I have nothing to contribute. I been though a lot this year. I am independent scribe, a kajira pretending to be Free. My home is at a Mistress' foot with no homestone.

[8:32 AM] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran) nods. "Did she leave? Hmm... sorry to hear that."

[8:33 AM] Bea Lael Usami (lifepath) listened but offered no opinion on what Saku said; which was the best option.

[8:34 AM] Kati Evans: Maybe: What first drew you to the Blue Caste? Was there someone who inspired you?

[8:34 AM] Lady Inga Draegonia (draeconia): Ok, I'm lost in why did she come here if she's a slave?

[8:34 AM] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran) smiles and shrugs. "Not sure. This is the first I have heard of her being a slave. Perhaps she will be manumitted someday.

[8:35 AM] Lady Inga Draegonia (draeconia): perhaps.

[8:37 AM] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): Interestingly, some of the ideas that you have brought up dovetail with some of the ideas I have had so far. One that ties to one of Marcus' suggestions is the subject of knowledge, who controls the knowledge, and why are their different teachings depending on birthright? Other than, that is what the books say, discuss it at length and try to consider what Norman might have had in mind.

[8:38 AM] Lady Inga Draegonia (draeconia): He was a lunatic that made lots of money?

[8:38 AM] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): haha.. yes, Inga, there is that.

[8:38 AM] Lady Inga Draegonia (draeconia): We're carrying on that tradition as we're lunatics too.

[8:39 AM] Kati Evans grins and giggles softly

[8:40 AM] Lady Inga Draegonia (draeconia): Women as Magistrates over Men.  Can she make an educated judgement?

[8:41 AM] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): Whoa I LOVE that discussion topic

[8:42 AM] Autumn Krigerand (autumneir): thats is a great topic

[8:43 AM] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): That will get some interest, for sure.

[8:43 AM] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): What about teaching? Scribe training? What are the best methods to teach new to Gor who what to try scribing. Should training be IC or OOC? Or both?

[8:44 AM] Lady Inga Draegonia (draeconia): apprenticeship.

[8:44 AM] Lady Inga Draegonia (draeconia): Subject:  IC vs OOC and can you really separate the two.

[8:45 AM] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): Good point.

[8:45 AM] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran) makes a note of it.

[8:45 AM] Kati Evans: What about the subject of having alts?

[8:46 AM] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): Good topic, Kati

[8:46 AM] Kati Evans: and should the be disclosed nto the city?

[8:47 AM] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): Having alts. To disclose or not to disclose?

[8:47 AM] [Second Life: Items successfully shared.]

[8:48 AM] Autumn Krigerand (autumneir): that is a good topic

[8:48 AM] Bea Lael Usami (lifepath) I've lived in places that are flooded with Alts and it completely destroys actual story role play

[8:50 AM] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran) nods Yes, that will be a great topic.

[8:50 AM] Lady Inga Draegonia (draeconia): What I want to know  is how they manage to keep the alts separate and have them in the same area.

[8:50 AM] Lady Inga Draegonia (draeconia): I've tried this, and I'm not stupid, but damn it's hell trying to operate 2 at the same time.

[8:51 AM] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): I have dealt with alts before, and with some people it is obvious, but I know some people who can manage multiple alts and keep it straight. I don't know how they do it.

[8:52 AM] Autumn Krigerand (autumneir): I have a hard time with one, laughs

[8:53 AM] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran) smiles

[8:53 AM] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): Tell me about it

[8:54 AM] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): Okay we have about 5 minutes left. Does anyone else have any ideas? We have made progress today, and I think.. fingers crossed.. that we might be able to have interesting monthly discussions.

[8:55 AM] Autumn Krigerand (autumneir): I can't think of anything currently, but will let you know

[8:57 AM] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): That's great, Autumn, and thank you. For those of you who will be in at 5 pm SL we will have another meeting similar to this one for N Americans mostly or Aussies who couldn't make it to this meeting. Does anyone have anything else they would like to bring up before we adjourn?

[8:58 AM] Bea Lael Usami (lifepath) @

[8:59 AM] Autumn Krigerand (autumneir) rises and gets ready to head out, safe paths to you all she would say before leaving

[8:59 AM] Bea Lael Usami (lifepath) The lack of Gor sims.... I have noticed a great decrease of them

[8:59 AM] Marcus Aurelius Antoninus (mathman.orellana): yes a few have closed

[8:59 AM] [Second Life: d3athmak3r3 gave you Turmus Incident Report - Lothar and Roland - Sealed.]

[8:59 AM] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): Very well. I will be asking for host volunteers on December 2nd for the December 9th meeting and a topic. We can adjourn now and I hope to see you all next month and talk to you all in the meantime. Thanks again Marcus.

[8:59 AM] Bea Lael Usami (lifepath) Thank you for the meeting

[8:59 AM] Marcus Aurelius Antoninus (mathman.orellana): you are welcome brother

[9:00 AM] Kati Evans: Thank you

[9:00 AM] Marcus Aurelius Antoninus (mathman.orellana): and great job Trygg

[9:00 AM] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): I'm sorry Bea, did you have a comment?

[9:00 AM] Bea Lael Usami (lifepath) OH, it is ok.

[9:00 AM] Bea Lael Usami (lifepath): I can speak on it in the next meeting

[9:01 AM] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): Okay Bea. Thank you

[9:01 AM] Bea Lael Usami (lifepath) Thank you tooooo

[9:01 AM] Marcus Aurelius Antoninus (mathman.orellana): that is a great topic

[9:02 AM] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): Yes indeed. Very well I will see you soon and hopefully be in touch in the meantime.

[9:02 AM] Marcus Aurelius Antoninus (mathman.orellana): I will talk to all of you later

[9:02 AM] Lady Inga Draegonia (draeconia): good grief

[9:03 AM] Lady Inga Draegonia (draeconia): If you want table dancers, Marcus, be a bit more obvious please?  *grins*

[9:03 AM] Ink (angel.ely) is offline.

[9:03 AM] Marcus Aurelius Antoninus (mathman.orellana): ha ha

[9:03 AM] Marcus Aurelius Antoninus (mathman.orellana): talk to all of you soon

[9:04 AM] Lady Inga Draegonia (draeconia): I wish you well, Trygg and thanks for the tp.  *grins*

[9:04 AM] Lady Inga Draegonia (draeconia): I wish you well, Kati.

[9:05 AM] Kati Evans: Take care

[9:05 AM] Kati Evans sit working on the record of the meeting.

Wednesday, October 7, 2026

Combined Meeting Summary — Scribe Caste of Gor* October 7, 2026

Combined Meeting Summary — Scribe Caste of Gor*

Date: October 7, 2026
Meeting Leader: Trygg Tyran
Location(s): Not specified in the supplied records.

⊰════════════════════════════⊱

Attendance by Meeting

MeetingTime (SLT)Participants identified in the supplied records
Morning8:05–9:05 a.m.Trygg Tyran, Dexter Winters, Kati Evans, and Saku (mi.yuequi). The morning summary does not provide a complete attendance list.
Evening5:06–5:59 p.m.Trygg Tyran, Astary Pendragon, Jessika Roberts, Seth Stratten, and Bea Lael Usami.
Before the evening meetingBefore 5:06 p.m.Sho (shoshawna.dharma) greeted the gathering but appeared to disconnect before the meeting began.

Myriam and Marcus were thanked for their summit work; this does not establish their attendance at either meeting.

⊰════════════════════════════⊱

Third Scribe Summit — Review

Both meetings: Trygg thanked Myriam and Marcus for scheduling and hosting the summit, and thanked the presenters. Feedback was positive, describing the summit as informative and successful.

Morning meeting: Attendees praised the organization, variety, and focus on Scribe work. Having presentations available in advance helped when presenters could not attend. Trygg specifically thanked Kati for supplying her presentations, which he delivered in her absence. No specific changes for the next summit were recorded in the morning summary.

Evening meeting: Bea praised the months of preparation and described the gathering as creating a sense of community. Seth said he enjoyed the summit and learned from it. Participants proposed these improvements:

  • Jessika: Hold questions until the end or allow additional time. Questions during her lecture had forced her to shorten the prepared material.
  • Astary: Require presenters to arrange their own substitutes and list both names on the schedule.
  • Trygg: Ensure substitute presenters credit the original author.
  • Astary: Rehearse and shorten presentations to fit the allotted time.
  • Trygg: Remind attendees to respect speakers when interpretations of Gorean fiction differ.
  • Astary: Consider later or repeated lectures, including delivery by someone in another time zone.
  • Trygg: Consider a break followed by North American evening presentations, while accommodating European attendees and weekday work schedules.

Trygg agreed to preserve these lessons for next year’s summit planning.

⊰════════════════════════════⊱

Revised Monthly Meeting Format

Both meetings: Members supported meeting on the first Wednesday of each month, at 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. SLT, with a volunteer-led discussion about a Scribe-related topic. A formal presentation would not be required.

Morning meeting: The proposal included:

  • Discussions about Scribe duties and practices across cities.
  • Topics generally requiring no advance approval.
  • Additional meetings when needed for summit or other event planning.
  • A notice from Trygg on the last Wednesday of each month requesting a volunteer host and topic.

Trygg planned to seek evening support before announcing the change.

Evening meeting: Trygg explained that arranging two meeting days each month had become too demanding. Evening participants supported the reduction, and Trygg confirmed that the new format would begin in November. Topics should be circulated a few days beforehand, and meetings would rotate among cities.

Hosting and discussion plans made in the evening:

MonthPlanStatus
November 2026Astary volunteered to lead the discussion.Volunteer identified; topic still to be prepared.
December 2026Bea offered Valaris, and Trygg placed it on the schedule.Local hosting arrangements need confirmation.
January 2027Trygg suggested Turmus; Jessika agreed to consult its Head of Caste and Assistant Head of Caste.Proposed; awaiting confirmation.

Under the agreed schedule, the next meeting day is November 4, 2026, with sessions at 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. SLT.

⊰════════════════════════════⊱

Mission Statement

Both meetings: Members supported the group’s purpose of exchanging information, encouraging education, supporting collaboration, providing scholarly advice and learning resources, and strengthening fellowship among Scribes throughout Gor.

The group remains independent and unaffiliated with any school or university, while welcoming schools and organizations to use its resources to promote Scribe work and educational opportunities.

Morning meeting: At Saku’s suggestion, Trygg added explicit references to mentorship and advice on preserving records. Those responding supported the additions. Members were also encouraged to advertise relevant classes through the group.

Evening meeting: Trygg presented the revised wording from the morning session. Astary and Seth expressed agreement, and no further changes were recorded. Trygg said he would retain the statement in a dedicated folder for future reference.


MISSION STATEMENT

The primary goal of the Scribe Caste of Gor* group is to encourage and sustain the work of our caste through the exchange of information, educational opportunities, and mutual support.

We provide a forum for announcements and educational gatherings, such as the Scribe Summit, along with mentorship and advice on preserving records. Scribes may collaborate on projects, seek guidance from scholars, share learning resources, advertise relevant classes, and discuss or debate topics of interest. We also welcome the sharing of stories and the fellowship that strengthens the familial ties among Scribes throughout Gor.

We remain independent and unaffiliated with any school or university. All schools and organizations are welcome to use our resources to promote their educational opportunities and advance the knowledge and work of the Caste of Scribes.

⊰════════════════════════════⊱

Announcements and Other Business

Morning meeting:

  • Dexter Winters announced that he had chosen the legal division of the Scribe Caste. Members congratulated him.
  • Saku announced plans to step down as Assistant Head of Scribe at Thunder Mountain, effective Tuesday. OOC, Saku also indicated plans to uninstall Firestorm. Trygg expressed appreciation and said Saku would remain welcome to return.

Evening meeting:

  • Participation in next year’s En’Kara Sardar Fair remained undecided.
  • Trygg explained that continuous presentations were unnecessary and that a lighter schedule would reduce pressure and accommodate the other castes.

⊰════════════════════════════⊱

To-Dos / Follow-Up

PersonFollow-upMeeting source
TryggPost the monthly request for a volunteer host and discussion topic on the last Wednesday of the month.Morning
TryggAnnounce and arrange the November meetings under the new format.Both
TryggPreserve the summit lessons learned for next year.Evening
TryggRetain the revised mission statement in a dedicated folder.Evening
AstaryPrepare the November discussion topic.Evening
Bea / organizersConfirm Valaris hosting arrangements for December.Evening
JessikaAsk Turmus’s Head of Caste and Assistant Head of Caste about hosting in January.Evening
MembersConsider leading discussions and advertise relevant educational opportunities through the group.Morning
OrganizersRevisit summit timing, substitutes, question periods, and Sardar Fair participation during future planning.Evening

No specific task for Kati was recorded in either supplied summary.

⊰════════════════════════════⊱

⊰════════════════════════════⊱

Meeting Summary — Scribe Caste of Gor*

October 7, 2026 | 8:05–9:05 a.m. SLT
Meeting Leader: Trygg Tyran
Location: Not specified in the supplied log.

Third Scribe Summit Review

Trygg thanked Myriam and Marcus for scheduling and hosting the summit, and the presenters for their contributions. Attendees described it as informative, well organized, and varied, with lectures closely focused on Scribe work.

Providing presentations in advance proved valuable when presenters could not attend. Trygg specifically thanked Kati for supplying her presentations, which he delivered in her absence. No specific changes were proposed for the next summit.

Revised Monthly Meeting Format

Those present supported trying the following format:

  • Meet on the first Wednesday of each month, with sessions at 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. SLT.
  • Have a volunteer host lead a discussion about a Scribe-related topic, including how duties and practices differ between cities.
  • Require a discussion topic rather than a formal presentation. Topics generally do not need advance approval.
  • Add meetings when necessary for summit or other event planning.

Trygg will post a notice on the last Wednesday of each month requesting a host and topic for the following meeting. He planned to present the proposal at the evening session before announcing it.

Mission Statement Review

The group reviewed its purpose: exchanging information, encouraging education, supporting collaboration, offering scholarly advice and learning resources, and strengthening fellowship among Scribes throughout Gor.

At Saku’s suggestion, Trygg added explicit references to mentorship and advice on preserving records. The revised wording received support from those who responded.

The group remains independent and unaffiliated with any school or university. Schools, teachers, and organizations are welcome to advertise classes and educational opportunities through the group.

Member Announcements

  • Dexter Winters announced that he had chosen the legal division of the Scribe Caste. Members congratulated him.
  • Saku (mi.yuequi) announced plans to step down as Assistant Head of Scribe at Thunder Mountain, effective Tuesday. OOC, Saku indicated plans to uninstall Firestorm. Trygg expressed appreciation for their association and said Saku would remain welcome to return.

To-Dos / Follow-Up

  • Trygg: Present the meeting proposal at the 5 p.m. session and announce the new format.
  • Trygg: Post the monthly request for a volunteer host and discussion topic.
  • Members: Consider hosting a discussion and use the group to advertise relevant classes.
  • Next morning meeting: First Wednesday of November — November 4, 2026, at 8 a.m. SLT, under the proposed schedule.

⊰════════════════════════════⊱

Scribe Caste of Gor — Monthly Meeting Summary*
Date: October 7, 2026
Time: 5:06–5:59 p.m. SLT
Location: Not identified in the supplied log
Meeting Leader: Trygg Tyran
Participants recorded: Trygg Tyran, Astary Pendragon, Jessika Roberts, Seth Stratten, and Bea Lael Usami. Sho greeted the gathering before the meeting but appeared to disconnect.

⊰════════════════════════════⊱

Third Scribe Summit — Review and Lessons Learned

Trygg thanked Myriam and Marcus for scheduling and hosting the summit, along with those who presented. Participants described the event as successful, informative, and a welcome opportunity to gather as a community. Bea recognized the months of preparation involved.

Suggestions for future summits included:

  • Reserve questions and comments until the end, with both the presenter and introducing host announcing this.
  • Ask each presenter to arrange a substitute and list both names on the schedule.
  • Give proper credit to the original author when someone else delivers a presentation.
  • Rehearse presentations beforehand and shorten them to fit the allotted time.
  • Encourage respectful discussion when interpretations of Gorean fiction differ.
  • Consider repeated lectures, presenters in other time zones, or North American evening sessions to improve access.

Trygg agreed to retain a list of lessons learned for next year’s planning.

⊰════════════════════════════⊱

Revised Monthly Meeting Schedule

The group supported reducing meetings to one meeting day each month: the first Wednesday, with sessions at 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. SLT, beginning in November. Trygg reported that the morning attendees also agreed.

Each meeting will have a volunteer-led discussion related to scribing. A formal presentation is unnecessary; the topic should be shared a few days beforehand so members can prepare. Meetings will continue rotating among host cities.

  • November: Astary volunteered to lead the discussion.
  • December: Trygg placed Valaris on the hosting schedule following Bea’s offer; local arrangements still need confirmation.
  • January: Turmus was suggested as a possible host. Jessika will ask the Head of Caste and Assistant Head of Caste.

Participation in next year’s En’Kara Sardar Fair remains undecided. Trygg noted that a lighter presentation schedule would reduce pressure and accommodate the other castes.

⊰════════════════════════════⊱

Mission Statement

Trygg presented the revised mission statement, incorporating mentorship and advice on preserving records, which had been added during the morning meeting. Those commenting supported it, and no further changes were recorded.

The group’s purpose is to encourage the work of the Scribe Caste through information exchange, education, announcements, mentorship, preservation of records, collaborative projects, scholarly advice, learning resources, discussion, and fellowship.

The group remains independent and unaffiliated with any school or university. All schools and organizations are welcome to use its resources to promote the work of the caste.

Trygg will retain the statement in a dedicated folder for future reference.

⊰════════════════════════════⊱

To-Dos / Follow-Up

  • Trygg: Preserve the summit lessons learned and revised mission statement.
  • Trygg: Arrange and announce the November meeting under the new schedule.
  • Astary: Prepare a discussion topic for November.
  • Bea / organizers: Confirm Valaris hosting arrangements for December.
  • Jessika: Consult Turmus’s Head of Caste and Assistant Head of Caste about hosting in January.
  • Future planning: Revisit summit scheduling, substitute presenters, question periods, and participation in the En’Kara Sardar Fair.

No task was assigned to Kati in the supplied log.

⊰════════════════════════════⊱

Scribe Caste of Gor — Monthly Meeting Summary*
Date: October 7, 2026
Time: 5:06–5:59 p.m. SLT
Location: Not identified in the supplied log
Meeting Leader: Trygg Tyran
Participants recorded: Trygg Tyran, Astary Pendragon, Jessika Roberts, Seth Stratten, and Bea Lael Usami. Sho greeted the gathering before the meeting but appeared to disconnect.

⊰════════════════════════════⊱

Third Scribe Summit — Review and Lessons Learned

Trygg thanked Myriam and Marcus for scheduling and hosting the summit, along with those who presented. Participants described the event as successful, informative, and a welcome opportunity to gather as a community. Bea recognized the months of preparation involved.

Suggestions for future summits included:

  • Reserve questions and comments until the end, with both the presenter and introducing host announcing this.
  • Ask each presenter to arrange a substitute and list both names on the schedule.
  • Give proper credit to the original author when someone else delivers a presentation.
  • Rehearse presentations beforehand and shorten them to fit the allotted time.
  • Encourage respectful discussion when interpretations of Gorean fiction differ.
  • Consider repeated lectures, presenters in other time zones, or North American evening sessions to improve access.

Trygg agreed to retain a list of lessons learned for next year’s planning.

⊰════════════════════════════⊱

Revised Monthly Meeting Schedule

The group supported reducing meetings to one meeting day each month: the first Wednesday, with sessions at 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. SLT, beginning in November. Trygg reported that the morning attendees also agreed.

Each meeting will have a volunteer-led discussion related to scribing. A formal presentation is unnecessary; the topic should be shared a few days beforehand so members can prepare. Meetings will continue rotating among host cities.

  • November: Astary volunteered to lead the discussion.
  • December: Trygg placed Valaris on the hosting schedule following Bea’s offer; local arrangements still need confirmation.
  • January: Turmus was suggested as a possible host. Jessika will ask the Head of Caste and Assistant Head of Caste.

Participation in next year’s En’Kara Sardar Fair remains undecided. Trygg noted that a lighter presentation schedule would reduce pressure and accommodate the other castes.

⊰════════════════════════════⊱

Mission Statement

Trygg presented the revised mission statement, incorporating mentorship and advice on preserving records, which had been added during the morning meeting. Those commenting supported it, and no further changes were recorded.

The group’s purpose is to encourage the work of the Scribe Caste through information exchange, education, announcements, mentorship, preservation of records, collaborative projects, scholarly advice, learning resources, discussion, and fellowship.

The group remains independent and unaffiliated with any school or university. All schools and organizations are welcome to use its resources to promote the work of the caste.

Trygg will retain the statement in a dedicated folder for future reference.

⊰════════════════════════════⊱

To-Dos / Follow-Up

  • Trygg: Preserve the summit lessons learned and revised mission statement.
  • Trygg: Arrange and announce the November meeting under the new schedule.
  • Astary: Prepare a discussion topic for November.
  • Bea / organizers: Confirm Valaris hosting arrangements for December.
  • Jessika: Consult Turmus’s Head of Caste and Assistant Head of Caste about hosting in January.
  • Future planning: Revisit summit scheduling, substitute presenters, question periods, and participation in the En’Kara Sardar Fair.

No task was assigned to Kati in the supplied log.

⊰════════════════════════════⊱

⊰════════════════════════════⊱

[8:05 AM] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): Welcome to all of you to the regular monthly meeting of Scribe Caste of Gor*. Thre are three topics to discuss this morning, and I suspect that much of it will be OOC. So I am going to go OOC now and speak to you as group members and players. I would like to spend about 20 minutes on each topic, which are:


~ The  3rd Scribe  Summit. Highlights and lessons learned.


~ Going forward: A revised view for the rest of 2026 and into January.


~ If we have time in the hour of our meeting we can discuss the mission statement and formalize it.

[8:06 AM] Cody (irkky): Nods in agreement to the proposed plan

[8:07 AM] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): I will be OOC for much of the meeting, as these meetings have generally been planning meetings, especially leading up to the Scribe Summit. so I will flip to ooc

[8:07 AM] zCS # [Mod] TryggTyran Resident switched from [Combat] to [OOC].

[8:07 AM] zCS # [Mod] Mi Yuequi switched from [RP] to [OOC].

[8:08 AM] Kelli Gяєyℳooη:-Rizzo (kellygr5) is online.

[8:10 AM] TonyaZhao is online.

[8:10 AM] Autumn Krigerand (autumneir): nods in agreement 

[8:11 AM] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): Okay, once again I want to thank Myriam and Marcus for scheduling and hosting the summit. I think it went pretty well, and it was pretty well attended. I am grateful to those of you who presented at the summit and I thought that it was a reasonable success, if stressful.

[8:11 AM] ๖̶ۜۜ͜ζ͜͡shar (shar.boxen) is offline.

[8:11 AM] Nuada Hawke-Xorius-Slade (nuada.soothsayer) is offline.

[8:11 AM] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): Did any of the others of you go? And if  so, what were your impressions.

[8:12 AM] Nuada Hawke-Xorius-Slade (nuada.soothsayer) is online.

[8:12 AM] Nuada Hawke-Xorius-Slade (nuada.soothsayer) is offline.

[8:12 AM] Saku (mi.yuequi): Yes, I was there

[8:12 AM] Saku (mi.yuequi): I thought it was... informative

[8:13 AM] Cody (irkky): I attended a few lectures - it was my first visit and I was impressed with the organization and offerings.

[8:13 AM] Nuada Hawke-Xorius-Slade (nuada.soothsayer) is online.

[8:13 AM] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): Can you think of anything that we should have or could have done differently?

[8:13 AM] zCS # [Mod] Ramblaze Resident [Away] logged into the region.

[8:14 AM] Cody (irkky): Personally i wasn't there over several days to observe and get a feel...but the day I attended, it was informative with good variety of topics

[8:14 AM] William Carver is online.

[8:14 AM] Dexter Winters (sytheking1): i went . i was amazed on how some of this scribes did there lecture and how far advanced they were then me. i could never put on a presentation like them.

[8:15 AM] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): "Yes, I was very impressed as well. And some of the presenters, like Kati here, provided us with their presentations just in case, and that saved us in many cases.

[8:16 AM] Saku (mi.yuequi): I think the lectures were more scribe oriented

[8:18 AM] Kati Evans: Was sorry I could not present it myself.

[8:19 AM] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): But your presentations were excellent, though I doubt I could do them justice

[8:19 AM] zCS # [Mod] Ramblaze Resident switched from [Away] to [RP].

[8:20 AM] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): Anyway, I am glad that it seemed to be enjoyed.

[8:20 AM] Kati Evans: You are to kind

[8:20 AM] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): Not at all Kati. I appreciate everything you do.

[8:20 AM] Saku (mi.yuequi): Yes, Trygg did every well

[8:20 AM] Saku (mi.yuequi): in your stead

[8:21 AM] Autumn Krigerand (autumneir): unfortunately rl kepme away from the summit.  with this being my first year as a scribe was hoping to learn so much more

[8:21 AM] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): Thank you Saku. Okay, if no one has any comments on the summit we will close that door for another year.

[8:21 AM] Aylla Howlingwind. (ayllac) is offline.

[8:22 AM] Duncan Willis is online.

[8:22 AM] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): I would like to present to you all my idea for a format going forward. Currently we meet on two Wednesdays a month in a different location. Most of the year, we don't have a topic or agenda in mind, except in the weeks leading up to the Scribe Summit. or the Sardar Fair.

[8:23 AM] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): I don't have the emotional bandwidth or time to arrange two meeting days per month, so this is what I would like to propose:

[8:23 AM] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): - meet once a month, on the first Wednesday at 8 am and 5 pm SL time.

[8:24 AM] ๖̶ۜۜ͜ζ͜͡shar (shar.boxen) is online.

[8:24 AM] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): - Have a volunteer lead a discussion topic related to scribing, sort of a how does it work in your city.

[8:25 AM] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): - I think this will give everyone a change to learn, OOC'ly for the most part, what works or doesn't work in other cities.

[8:25 AM] William Carver is offline.

[8:26 AM] Sho (shoshawna.dharma) is online.

[8:26 AM] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): - And it will be a mechanism to enjoy our own cities rather than be in Scribe meetings twice a month. We can increase the number if it's necessary when planning events.

[8:26 AM] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): any thoughts?

[8:26 AM] Orion Pastorelli is online.

[8:26 AM] Saku (mi.yuequi): @

[8:27 AM] Hiram Aït El Fayoum (elfayoum) is online.

[8:27 AM] Artco (firstschoice) is online.

[8:27 AM] Jarek SpiritWeaver is offline.

[8:28 AM] Cody (irkky): Being new to all this I obviously can't compare it to the former format, but as a proposal, it sounds good ... seems to bring some freshness to the idea of "meetings."

[8:28 AM] Autumn Krigerand (autumneir): sounds like a good idea to me

[8:29 AM] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): Saku?

[8:29 AM] Artco (firstschoice) is offline.

[8:30 AM] Saku (mi.yuequi): Sounds great. Does the subject need your approval?

[8:30 AM] Cody (irkky): ((apologies Saku - I didn't notice your hand raise before I posted))

[8:31 AM] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): Not really, Saku. I would expect the topic to be scribe related, but that is a broad canvas

[8:31 AM] Saku (mi.yuequi): Yes, thank you.

[8:31 AM] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): We had a remarkable presentation by coin girl at the summit about scribe  interaction with slaves.

[8:32 AM] Kati Evans: Oh those sound good

[8:32 AM] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): So I think that there is a lot of room for creativity. And I wouldn't be asking for a presentation, just a discussion topic and a volunteer to host

[8:33 AM] zCS # [Mod] Mi Yuequi switched from [OOC] to [Away].

[8:33 AM] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): So I will put up a notice in SCoG* on the last Wednesday of the month, asking for a host and a discussion topic for the following Wednesday, the first Wednesday of the month

[8:33 AM] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): That is a way to keep the momentum going, and allow me an extra hour of sleep once a month

[8:34 AM] Kara Mantha is online.

[8:36 AM] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): Does anyone object to the plan?

[8:37 AM] Autumn Krigerand (autumneir): I have no objections 

[8:37 AM] Cody (irkky): Shakes his head "no."

[8:37 AM] Brianna Malone (ayiranayo) is online.

[8:37 AM] Saku (mi.yuequi): no

[8:38 AM] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran) smiles "Okay let's try it. If we are heavily involved in the Sardar Fair planning this year we might want to meet more often, but the way the organizers are scheduling the fair, it might not be necessary to meet. The scribe summit will be a different story, but we have a whole year for that.

[8:40 AM] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran) pauses .. "Does anyone have any other comments?

[8:41 AM] Ella De Wren Bade (elladewren) is online.

[8:42 AM] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): Okay, I will present this at the 5 pm meeting and announce.

[8:42 AM] Saku (mi.yuequi): no

[8:42 AM] Autumn Krigerand (autumneir): sounds good to me

[8:43 AM] Hiram Aït El Fayoum (elfayoum) is offline.

[8:43 AM] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): "Thank you all. Let's move on to the final topic of the day, the mission statement:

[8:43 AM] Sho (shoshawna.dharma) is offline.

[8:44 AM] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): This is the mission statement, some of which appears in the group description but in bullet point form for lack of space.

[8:44 AM] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): The Scribe Caste of Gor* group's primary goal is that of exchange of information and educational opportunities to perpetuate and encourage the work of our caste. by providing a forum for announcements, educational opportunities such as this summit and to provide a forum for Scribes to collaborate on projects, seek advice from scholars, provide resources for learning or debate topics. Share stories or enjoy the familial ties of scribes through out Gor. 

We remain independent and unaffiliated with any school or university, but all schools and organizations are welcome to use our resources to spread the word and work of the Caste of Scribes.

[8:45 AM] zCS # [Mod] George Barracuda [RP] logged into the region.

[8:46 AM] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): Does anyone have anything that should be added? Are we missing anything?

[8:46 AM] Dexter Winters (sytheking1): not me

[8:47 AM] Saku (mi.yuequi): @

[8:47 AM] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): Saku?

[8:48 AM] Saku (mi.yuequi): If I had to offer one minor tweak, maybe explicitly mention mentorship or archiving/preserving records, since those are classic Scribe traditions that fit right alongside collaboration and learning. Otherwise, it captures everything we're about.

[8:48 AM] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): Sure..

[8:49 AM] Jǟӄɛ Wօʟʄɛ (wildwolfe71) is online.

[8:49 AM] niran (shayne.kaestner) is online.

[8:49 AM] Jessika Roberts (jessikaroberts) is online.

[8:50 AM] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): Okay how does this sound?

[8:52 AM] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): The Scribe Caste of Gor* group's primary goal is that of exchange of information and educational opportunities to perpetuate and encourage the work of our caste. by providing a forum for announcements, educational opportunities, such as this summit and to provide mentorship, preservation of records advice, and a forum for Scribes to collaborate on projects, seek advice from scholars, provide resources for learning or debate topics. Share stories or enjoy the familial ties of scribes throughout Gor. 


We remain independent and unaffiliated with any school or university, but all schools and organizations are welcome to use our resources to spread the word and work of the Caste of Scribes.

[8:52 AM] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): What do you think?

[8:52 AM] Jǟӄɛ Wօʟʄɛ (wildwolfe71) is offline.

[8:53 AM] Kati Evans: Yes

[8:53 AM] Hiram Aït El Fayoum (elfayoum) is online.

[8:53 AM] Jǟӄɛ Wօʟʄɛ (wildwolfe71) is online.

[8:53 AM] Autumn Krigerand (autumneir): I like it

[8:54 AM] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): Great and for those of you who own schools or teach classes on a regular basis, please you the group to advertise. Any group is by necessity essentially OOC anyway, so take advantage of the group to spread the word

[8:55 AM] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): Okay we are at about the end of our meeting time allotment Does anyone have anything else to bring up?

[8:55 AM] zCS # [Mod] Mi Yuequi switched from [Away] to [OOC].

[8:56 AM] Tura (jalanihermosa) is offline.

[8:56 AM] Autumn Krigerand (autumneir): I do not have anything currently 

[8:56 AM] Saku (mi.yuequi): @

[8:57 AM] Stefania Wildrose is online.

[8:58 AM] Wynna Aonifall (wynna) is online.

[8:58 AM] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): Saku?

[8:58 AM] Dexter Winters (sytheking1): me i have chosen the legal division of scribe caste .

[8:58 AM] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): congratulations Dexter.

[8:59 AM] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): Every city needs a good magistrate

[8:59 AM] Autumn Krigerand (autumneir): congratulations Dexter, you will be a great one

[8:59 AM] Saku (mi.yuequi): "While we are discussing caste matters, there is a personal note I need to share with everyone. After much consideration, I will be stepping down from my duties as Assistant Head of Scribe here at Thunder Mountain."

[8:59 AM] Saku (mi.yuequi): "Effective on Tuesday"

[9:00 AM] Autumn Krigerand (autumneir): I'm sorry to hear that saku 

[9:00 AM] Kati Evans: Oh

[9:00 AM] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): I see. I hope that you find another place at which to practice your skills.

[9:00 AM] Aylla Howlingwind. (ayllac) is online.

[9:01 AM] Saku (mi.yuequi): "Thank you, but I will be exploring the wilderness." ((uninstalling FS))

[9:01 AM] Tura (jalanihermosa) is online.

[9:02 AM] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): Very sorry to hear that. It has been a nice association.

[9:02 AM] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): Feel free to come back at anytime. You will be welcome in SCoG*

[9:02 AM] Saku (mi.yuequi): Yes, it has

[9:02 AM] Saku (mi.yuequi): Thank you for that, Sir.

[9:02 AM] Jarek SpiritWeaver is online.

[9:03 AM] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): So, we are out of time. All the best, Saku, and to the rest of you, we will see you the first Wednesday of Novemember.

[9:03 AM] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): November*

[9:03 AM] Autumn Krigerand (autumneir): thank you  trygg for the meeting,  we'll wishes everyone 

[9:03 AM] Dexter Winters (sytheking1): was fun

[9:03 AM] Saku (mi.yuequi): Thank you again. Trygg

[9:03 AM] Kati Evans: Thank you Trygg

[9:04 AM] Cody (irkky): Thanks Trygg - be well all...

[9:04 AM] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): Thank you all for coming

[9:04 AM] Angel Ely: safe paths everyone she would say to those leaving

[9:05 AM] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran) smiles "Serve with heart girl"

[9:05 AM] Angel Ely smiles to him


⊰════════════════════════════⊱


[16:51:49] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): Tal Jessika


[16:51:56] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): Good to see you


[16:52:52] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): Tal eveyone. Have a seat


[16:53:00] Seth Stratten: "Tal"


[16:53:07] Astary Pendragon: Hello everyone!


[16:55:28] Seth Stratten: "Nice to see you again, Jessika."


[16:58:36] Jessika Roberts (jessikaroberts) nods at Seth. "You as well, good sir!"


[16:58:55] Sho (shoshawna.dharma): Pardon the ill winds that surround me. Tal All, it is good to see you.


[16:59:00] Astary Pendragon: Welcome Sho


[16:59:15] Seth Stratten: "Tal,"


[17:02:37] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): Hmmm did Sho leave?


[17:03:02] Seth Stratten: poof


[17:06:11] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): Welcome to all of you to the regular monthly meeting of Scribe Caste of Gor*. The attendance at the morning meeting was light too. So we can breeze through the meeting and get out before 6.


[17:07:46] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): So I am going to go OOC now and speak to you as group members and players. I would like to spend about 20 minutes on each topic, which are:


~ The  3rd Scribe  Summit. Highlights and lessons learned.


~ Going forward: A revised view for the rest of 2026 and into January.


~ If we have time in the hour of our meeting we can discuss the mission statement and formalize it.


[17:08:10] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): And the 20 minutes isn't that important


[17:08:49] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): "Bea! Welcome!


[17:08:57] Seth Stratten: "Greetings, Bea."


[17:08:59] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): "Please take a seat"


[17:09:08] Bea Lael Usami (lifepath) smiles, "Tal everyone... sorry that I arrived late. ' nods and hurries to sit


[17:10:29] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): Feel free to speak ooc'ly tonight. This is more of a wrap up meeting than a RP as well.


[17:10:46] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): Once again I want to thank Myriam and Marcus for scheduling and hosting the summit. I think it went pretty well, and it was pretty well attended. I am grateful to those of you who presented at the summit and I thought that it was a reasonable success, if stressful.


[17:11:31] Seth Stratten: there were many interesting topics


[17:11:46] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): I would like to explore successes and lessons learned. In other words, does anyone have any opinions on what we did right, and what we could do better?


[17:12:18] Bea Lael Usami (lifepath) @


[17:13:00] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): Go ahead Bea


[17:13:04] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): you can speak right up


[17:13:56] Bea Lael Usami (lifepath) smiles, "I really enjoyed attending the Summit, even though I could only fully attend for one day since I was not able to for the first two days. But, before that... I remember the many meetings that went on maybe 5 or 6 months before the Summit. I believe they started in the Spring. All of the dedication and determination you all had in trying to put together the Summit as well as Presenters and everything is is very admirable. "


[17:16:51] Jessika Roberts (jessikaroberts): @


[17:17:31] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): thank you Bea. Much appreciated. It was a lot. Planning and scheduling and confirming was not that easy, and frankly the scribe symposium two weeks before didn't help, but we did the best we could. Myriam was a wonder. Yes Jessika?


[17:19:16] Jessika Roberts (jessikaroberts): I learned a valuable lesson ... either tell everybody to hold off questions until the end, or be prepared to face the consequences. I had my class prepped for an hour, but I allowed people to ask questions throughout it, and it severely cut into my time, causing me to have to seriously cut it short. I'll remember that for next year and either not allow questions or plan ahead with more time.


[17:21:15] Astary Pendragon: I would suggest that each speaker be made aware they must have a substitute to give their lecture if they can't make it.  Not to rely on you  to cover.  It's their responsibility to cover themselves, not you.


[17:21:31] Seth Stratten: I agree


[17:22:04] Astary Pendragon: Two names should go into each spot,  the main speaker and their sub.


[17:22:39] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): Excellent idea, Jessika. and frankly, we should have announced that as well. Hold questions and comments to the end. So you do it and the person introducing you does it.   Thank you Astary. That is a good idea too. Finding coverage.


[17:22:58] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): That is something we can do differently.


[17:23:21] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): And whoever presents needs to give proper credit for the work product.


[17:23:32] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): which we tried to do


[17:23:43] Bea Lael Usami (lifepath) smiles while listening to all the ideas


[17:24:23] Astary Pendragon: @


[17:24:36] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): Go ahead Astary


[17:25:03] Astary Pendragon: sorry lost my train of thought, I'll remember it I  hope


[17:25:19] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): Just jump in when you remember it


[17:25:22] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran) smiles


[17:25:43] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): So, anyway. I thought it went fairly well. I am relieved that it is over, but I can't complain about the results. Does anyone have any other comments or suggestions?


[17:26:13] Astary Pendragon: OH yes, Each speaker needs to do a private run of their speach.  And shorten it to fit into the time given and not run over.


[17:26:35] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): Yes and the hold questions comment will help with that


[17:27:03] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): I think you got a lot of pushback during your pitch, didn't you Astary? That wasted time if I recall


[17:28:00] Astary Pendragon: I remember someone saying (Trygg) that it was refreshing that a lecture ended on time.  And it was thanks to holding questions until the end.


[17:28:50] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): Good.. and also a reminder to consider that the speakers are to be respected, even if there is a disagreement about the interpretation of the fiction


[17:29:33] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): Okay, anything else on the summit?


[17:30:26] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): Okay we can wrap that topic for a year.


[17:30:59] Seth Stratten: i had a good time and learned things


[17:31:10] Bea Lael Usami (lifepath) smiles and nods


[17:31:15] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): That's great Seth.


[17:31:20] Bea Lael Usami (lifepath) @


[17:31:25] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): Bea?


[17:31:36] Bea Lael Usami (lifepath) It was fun seeing people gathered together and it felt like a community


[17:31:44] Astary Pendragon think that Seth will make a good Scribe one day  *grins


[17:31:55] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): Yes, it did, didn't it. A very nice weekend.


[17:32:08] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran) smiles at Astary


[17:32:24] Astary Pendragon: I have a question


[17:32:39] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): sure


[17:32:43] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): Go ahead


[17:33:06] Astary Pendragon: jWhy does it have to start so early?  Can't we start later or at leave have lectures given more than once so one can hear them all.


[17:33:34] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): Another good point. It's tricky with an intercontinental caste


[17:33:46] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): 8 am is 5 pm in Europe


[17:34:01] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): Noon is 9 pm and 2 pm is 11 pm


[17:34:41] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): So maybe we break at a point and pick up with a couple of  presentations in the N. American evening


[17:34:48] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): Something to consider


[17:35:30] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): N Americans can't come on Friday if they work, so it is tricky to include everyone on weekday events.


[17:35:57] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): We will keep a list of lessons learned and bring them up next year.


[17:36:02] Seth Stratten: i'm no scribe.  i'm happy with my sleens


[17:36:08] Astary Pendragon: The speaker could even have someone in another time zone give the lecture for them at a different time.


[17:36:09] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): We have the same issue at the Sardar Fair.


[17:36:27] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): Yes, that is true, Astary.


[17:36:34] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran) grins at Seth


[17:36:42] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): Anything else?


[17:38:05] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): Okay moving on. Next, I would like to present to you all my idea for a format going forward. Currently we meet on two Wednesdays a month twice, at 8 am and 5 pm, in a host city. Most of the year, we don't have a topic or agenda in mind, except in the weeks leading up to the Scribe Summit. or the Sardar Fair.


[17:38:47] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): I don't have the emotional bandwidth or time to arrange two meeting days per month, so this is what I would like to propose: - meet once a month, on the first Wednesday at 8 am and 5 pm SL time.


[17:39:11] Astary Pendragon: I second that


[17:39:14] Seth Stratten: i agree


[17:39:15] Jessika Roberts (jessikaroberts): I agree


[17:39:40] Bea Lael Usami (lifepath) nods


[17:39:42] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): - Have a volunteer lead a discussion topic related to scribing, sort of a how does it work in your city or anything like that. It doesn't have to be a presentation, just a discussion, but we walk in with a topic


[17:40:00] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran) smiles. Thank you all


[17:40:19] Astary Pendragon: I would be happy to do that at the next meeting in a month.


[17:41:11] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): Great. that is a great way to start it out. And we can travel from city to city.


[17:41:35] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): Just a topic and we will give everyone a couple of days to consider the topic


[17:41:47] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): And have a chat


[17:41:59] Bea Lael Usami (lifepath) I believe Valaris would be happy to host a meeting


[17:42:02] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): I'm delighted


[17:42:12] Bea Lael Usami (lifepath): Though, since I am new there, I need to find the Scribe office


[17:42:20] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): Very good. We will put Valaris down for December.


[17:42:59] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): With only one meeting a month, we can all keep in touch and be exchanging information without the stress of meeting so often.


[17:43:14] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): Maybe Turmus will consider January?


[17:43:20] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran) smiles at Jessika


[17:46:11] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): Okay the morning crew was agreeable. So let's start it with the November meeting.


[17:46:21] Jessika Roberts (jessikaroberts): Hmm ...  maybe


[17:46:38] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran) smiles Everyone is welcome to host.no pressure


[17:46:50] Jessika Roberts (jessikaroberts): I'll ask our head of caste and assistant head of caste. We definitely have the space for it!


[17:47:03] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): good. that would be great.


[17:47:50] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): I am not sure our level of participation in the En'Kara Sardar  Fair next year, but it's actually less stressful to schedule than the summit


[17:48:31] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): I also learned last year that it isn't necessary to have 24/7 presentations, in fact the other castes resent it.


[17:48:42] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): So there won't be as much pressure there.


[17:48:54] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): Anyway, I digress.


[17:49:00] Seth Stratten: Who's complaining?


[17:49:09] Seth Stratten: It's a lot of work you all do


[17:49:17] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): I was warned by the organizers last year


[17:49:20] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): No biggie


[17:49:28] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): Everyone is under pressure


[17:49:29] Seth Stratten: they can man up and produce  their own caste fair thing


[17:49:50] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): Final topic is the mission statement.


[17:50:13] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): This is the mission statement, some of which appears in the group description but in bullet point form for lack of space.


[17:50:28] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): The Scribe Caste of Gor* group's primary goal is that of exchange of information and educational opportunities to perpetuate and encourage the work of our caste. by providing a forum for announcements, educational opportunities such as this summit and to provide a forum for Scribes to collaborate on projects, seek advice from scholars, provide resources for learning or debate topics. Share stories or enjoy the familial ties of scribes through out Gor. 


We remain independent and unaffiliated with any school or university, but all schools and organizations are welcome to use our resources to spread the word and work of the Caste of Scribes.


[17:50:34] Seth Stratten: you are the best at managing a meeting, trygg


[17:50:42] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): Thank you Seth


[17:50:54] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): Scribes are easier than merchants


[17:51:02] Seth Stratten: smiles


[17:51:47] Bea Lael Usami (lifepath) nods in agreement to Seth


[17:51:50] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): Wait a minute. Actually I was asked to add something at the meeting


[17:52:04] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): here is what we ended up with


[17:52:09] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): The Scribe Caste of Gor* group's primary goal is that of exchange of information and educational opportunities to perpetuate and encourage the work of our caste. by providing a forum for announcements, educational opportunities, such as this summit and to provide mentorship, preservation of records advice, and a forum for Scribes to collaborate on projects, seek advice from scholars, provide resources for learning or debate topics. Share stories or enjoy the familial ties of scribes throughout Gor. 




We remain independent and unaffiliated with any school or university, but all schools and organizations are welcome to use our resources to spread the word and work of the Caste of Scribes.


[17:52:32] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): We added mentorship and preservation of records advice


[17:53:25] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): Anyone have any comments, additions, or corrections?


[17:53:29] Astary Pendragon: Sounds good


[17:53:46] Seth Stratten: i agree


[17:56:25] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): It's very much like we developed when the group started. I will hold it in a special folder so we can always pull it up if necessary


[17:57:38] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): So, that is all I have. I will summon the scribes next month to a November meeting, and if there is nothing else we can adjourn


[17:58:12] Jessika Roberts (jessikaroberts): It was a good meeting, and it lasted less than an ahn. I second the motion.


[17:58:46] Bea Lael Usami (lifepath) Thank you for the meeting. I hope everyone will have a great day


[17:58:49] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): Yes, we all have our own cities that we like to play in


[17:59:06] Seth Stratten: "Safe paths, Bea."


[17:59:10] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): So thank you all for coming and we will see each other next month


[17:59:16] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): Be well Bea, Jessika

Wednesday, September 16, 2026

Scribe Caste of Gor Group Meeting Summary - September 16, 2026


 

Date: September 16, 2026

Time: 8:04–9:14 a.m. SLT

Primary topic: Final preparations for the Third Scribe Summit at Thunder Mountain

Summit Schedule

The Third Scribe Summit will begin on Friday, September 25, 2026, at 8:00 a.m. SLT with a welcome from Marcus and a blessing by Tariq. Presentations will follow, with the final presentations on Friday and Saturday scheduled for 4:00 p.m. SLT.

Several presenters have already been confirmed, including Skylar and Victoria. Kar may be asked to present a class about Ambassadors. Trygg and Astary also have presentations available if additional speakers are needed, and Myriam may be able to teach.

The remaining presentation openings discussed were:

  • Friday at 12:00 noon SLT

  • Saturday at 7:00 a.m. SLT

  • Saturday at 4:00 p.m. SLT

  • Sunday at 8:00 a.m. SLT

Anyone who knows someone interested in presenting should ask that person to contact Trygg. Trygg and Myriam plan to fill the remaining openings during the week so that a final schedule can be posted.



Presentation Changes and Coverage

BB asked to move her one-hour Sunday presentation from 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. SLT. Myriam agreed to update the schedule. As a result, the Sunday program is expected to begin at 9:00 a.m. SLT.

Kati explained that she cannot presently give her scheduled presentation because the borrowed computer she is using does not run Second Life well enough to move between her lesson materials and a crowded meeting room. She gave permission for another person to present the lesson on her behalf.

Trygg confirmed that Kati will receive full credit for her work. Kati also gave permission for the presenter to remove material that would not make sense when delivered by someone else, such as her personal introduction, and to shorten the extra information if needed.

Myriam volunteered to serve as Kati's backup presenter and asked Kati to send her the lesson. However, Myriam later explained that she must attend a family birthday celebration on Saturday, September 26, and may be unavailable that day. Since Kati's presentation is scheduled for Saturday, Trygg agreed to obtain Kati's materials and provide backup coverage if necessary.

Hosting Arrangements

Myriam will host the Summit on Friday and Sunday. Because of the family birthday celebration, she cannot reliably host on Saturday. Trygg agreed to host throughout Saturday.

Speaker Confirmations

Myriam will check with Lion Euler to confirm whether he is still participating, since he has not been seen recently.

The presenter listed as “Coin girl” has not yet confirmed a presentation title. If no response is received by the end of the weekend, Myriam will remove her from the schedule. This would not leave a gap because the available 4:00 p.m. slot can be covered by another presenter if necessary.

Closing Events

The closing program is planned to include a one-hour performance by the Sheen dance troupe, followed by a ceremony and banquet coordinated by Khan Hermes. The dance troupe has been confirmed, and its stage will be on a sky platform accessible by teleport.

The banquet is scheduled for Sunday, September 27, 2026, at 12:00 noon SLT. Hermes has invited attendees to contribute entertainment such as a song, poem, story, dance, or another suitable performance. The requested contributions are creative performances—not Lindens or prims. Anyone who wishes to contribute should contact Khan Hermes (prinzensaft Resident).

The exact banquet location and setup responsibilities still need to be confirmed. Trygg will speak with Hermes about placing the banquet on the same sky platform as the dance performance and will report back. Sabayna noted that Hermes has agreed to collect and moderate the entertainment contributions, but the organizers still need to decide who will handle the physical setup.

Trygg also suggested contacting BilliAnn Braverman about contributing a story from the skald.

Decisions Made

  • Trygg will host the Summit throughout Saturday.

  • Myriam will host on Friday and Sunday.

  • BB's Sunday presentation will move to 10:00 a.m. SLT.

  • Someone else may present Kati's lesson, with Kati receiving full credit.

  • Trygg will provide backup coverage for Kati's Saturday lesson if Myriam is unavailable.

  • The Sheen dance troupe is confirmed for the closing program.

  • Banquet contributions are performances rather than money or objects.

  • The remaining schedule openings should be filled and the final schedule posted during the week.

Follow-Up Items

  • Kati: Send her lesson materials to Myriam and Trygg for presentation and backup coverage.

  • Myriam: Move BB's Sunday presentation to 10:00 a.m. SLT.

  • Myriam: Confirm Lion Euler's participation.

  • Myriam: Follow up with the unconfirmed presenter about her title and remove her if no response is received by the end of the weekend.

  • Trygg: Arrange or recruit speakers for the remaining open presentation times.

  • Trygg: Coordinate with Hermes about the banquet location and setup.

  • Trygg: Ask Hermes to contact BB or provide BB with the information she needs.

  • Organizers: Decide who will set up the banquet on the sky platform.

  • Interested performers: Contact Khan Hermes (prinzensaft Resident) with proposed contributions to the closing banquet.

Next Communication

This was the final regular meeting before the Summit. Further updates and schedule changes will be shared through group notices or direct messages.




⊰════════════════════════════⊱


Call for contributions for the scribes summit closing banquet

Invitation to the Scribe Summit in Thunder Mountain

 

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Esteemed masters and mistresses of the quill,

 

We hereby cordially invite you to a banquet hosted by the High Caste of Scribes to mark the conclusion of their summit at Thunder Mountain.

 

Date: Sunday, 27th September 2026, 12.00.00 SLT

 

Amidst fine food and drink, good company, and—we hope—high spirits, we aim to nourish not only the body but also the mind and soul. We therefore encourage all guests to contribute to the evening’s varied program.

 

Whether it be a song, a poem, a story, a dance, or any other performance that delights the heart and mind—let the arts know no bounds this evening.

If you possess a hidden talent, a cherished anecdote, or a hitherto undiscovered inclination for the stage, do not hesitate to share this treasure with the assembled company.

 

We look forward to an evening filled with eloquent words, grand gestures, small surprises, and—we hope—performances that will be spoken of for a long time to come.

 

Come, dine, and take the stage!

 

With the utmost regard

and in joyful anticipation of the evening ahead

 

The Committee for the Preparation of the Scribe's Summit in Thunder Mountain

 

If possible, please contact Khan Hermes ((prinzensaft resident)) if you would like to contribute.

 

 


Wednesday, September 2, 2026

SCoG*, September 2, 2026

Meeting Summary — Scribe Caste of Gor (SCoG*)

Wednesday, September 2, 2026 — 8:00 AM SLT
Location: Thunder Mountain

Attendees

  • Trygg Tyran
  • Marcus Aurelius Antoninus
  • Myriam-Aliyah Aurelius Antonius
  • Autumn Krigerand
  • Aldae Nagy
  • Sabayna Kiseki no shukujo
  • Kati Evans
  • BB Arliss
  • Bea Lael Usami

Summary

The meeting focused primarily on preparations for the upcoming Scribe Summit, September 25–27, 2026. The presentation schedule is filling well, although several remaining slots still need presenters. Trygg plans to verify each presenter's participation and scheduled time over the coming week so that the completed schedule can be announced.

The group discussed what should be included in the Summit's opening ceremony. Suggestions included an introduction by Marcus as the host and a possible blessing by an Initiate. There was disagreement over whether a blessing was appropriate, and the discussion became heated between Aldae and Marcus. Aldae subsequently left the meeting and stated that he would not attend the Scribe Summit. After further discussion, the group decided to forego an opening blessing this year, although the possibility of a closing blessing was mentioned.

Considerable discussion was devoted to the Summit's closing event. Ideas included an OOC dance, an IC banquet, a dance troupe performance, and short performances of songs, poetry, stories, or dances. The emerging plan was to combine several of these ideas: a short program of performances followed by a dance troupe, possibly in conjunction with a banquet. The closing program should remain relatively short, preferably no more than two hours.

Myriam agreed to contact dance troupe connections about performing at the closing event. Sabayna agreed to put out a call for singers, poets, storytellers, dancers, and others who might be interested in contributing a short performance.

Thunder Mountain will arrange access for SCoG members for the September 16 meeting and during the Summit, September 25–27. Marcus also agreed that temporary rezzing rights could be arranged for presenters who need them. A list of presenters requiring those permissions will need to be provided.

The revised Summit poster was distributed for members to place in their cities where permitted. Myriam also has banners, bunting, and other decorations available.

Near the end of the meeting, Trygg added Kati Evans's presentation, “From the Page to the Scene,” at 1:00 PM SLT on Saturday to the Summit schedule. Lion Euler's presentation still needs to be confirmed.

The group will continue filling the remaining presentation slots, with Trygg, Myriam, Kar, Astary, and possibly El among those who may help complete the program.

Decisions

  • The Summit will not open with an Initiate blessing this year.
  • The closing event will likely include short performances followed by a dance troupe, potentially combined with an IC banquet.
  • The closing festivities should not extend much beyond two hours.
  • SCoG members will receive access to Thunder Mountain for the September 16 meeting and Summit weekend.
  • Presenters who need temporary rezzing rights can be accommodated.
  • Kati Evans — “From the Page to the Scene” — Saturday at 1:00 PM SLT was added to the schedule.

⊰════════════════════════════⊱

To Dos

  • Trygg: Verify presenter participation and presentation times.
  • Trygg & Myriam: Complete the remaining Summit schedule.
  • Trygg: Obtain short presenter biographies for introductions.
  • Myriam: Contact dance troupe connections for the closing event.
  • Sabayna: Put out a call for singers, poets, storytellers, dancers, and other performers.
  • Marcus/Thunder Mountain: Arrange SCoG access for September 16 and September 25–27.
  • Summit organizers: Prepare a list of presenters needing temporary rezzing rights.
  • Members: Display the revised Summit poster in their cities where permitted.
  • Organizers: Confirm Lion Euler's presentation.
  • Organizers: Fill the remaining presentation slots.

⊰════════════════════════════⊱

Next Meeting

Wednesday, September 16, 2026
8:00 AM and 5:00 PM SLT

The September 16 meetings will focus on the final details for the Scribe Summit.


⊰════════════════════════════⊱

Minutes of the 8 am SL meeting of SCoG*, September 2, 2026


Marcus Aurelius Antoninus (mathman.orellana)

Myriam-Aliyah Aurelius Antonius (noirnyte.spires)

Autumn Krigerand (autumneir)

Aldae Nagy

Sabayna Kiseki no shukujo (tremlays)

Kati Evans

BB Arliss (busybee.ashbourne)

Bea Lael Usami (lifepath)


Business conducted:


~ Myriam displayed the schedule as it currently stands. There are still some presentation slots to be filled. Discussion followed.

~ Discussion on the subject of opening and closing events, action items to follow


Action Items:


~ Myriam will contact her dance troupe connections for a performance event for closing

~ Sabayna will put the word out to singers, poets, etc, to perform before the dance troupe

~ Trygg and Myriam will work on completing the schedule. It is not to late for presenters to be of service present

~ We will be confirming presenter schedules during the next week. Trygg will be asking for short presenter bios for introduction during the event.

~ The next regular meeting of SCoG* will be on September 16 at 8 am & 5 pm SL at which the final details for the summit will be discussed.


Meeting Transcript


[08:05:10] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): "Very well. we can begin now. The attendance is disappointing, but perhaps it will pick up next time. One never knows how our regular meetings will draw."


[08:05:36] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): "Welcome to the regular bi-weekly meeting of Scribe Caste of Gor* I am Trygg Tyran, and I will be facilitating the meeting today. First I would like to thank Marcus Aurelius Antonius for allowing us to meet in his city, and in his beautiful learning center.  Thank you Marcus, and to Myriam for greeting us today."


[08:09:03] Sabayna Kiseki no shukujo (tremlays): Tal all together


[08:09:21] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): "If I may direct your attention to the current schedule that Myriam has displayed. As you can see, in terms of scheduling we are doing quite well. We have four people including Myriam to schedule, and we should have all the time blocks filled. I think that we are presenting a reasonable array of scribe related topics. And when we schedule Kar, Myriam, Astary and myself, we should have a nice full conference. Tal Sabayna and welcome"


[08:09:25] Aldae Nagy: Tall Lady Sabayna


[08:09:31] Bea Lael Usami (lifepath) Tal Lady Sabayna


[08:10:10] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): Myriam, if you would, please leave the schedule in the room so that the people who attend the late meeting can also see it."


[08:10:27] Myriam-Aliyah Aurelius Antonius (noirnyte.spires): *smiles*...and this year i didn't have to do a nearly full day in the middle - which is an improvement.


[08:12:16] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): "Yes, that is good, and we will need you to greet arrivals and do some introductions, which brings us to action item 1: I will need to verify the schedule with the presenters, to make sure that they are comfortable with the timing of their presentations."


[08:13:13] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): "Completing that, we will announce the summit to the three major groups: SCoG*, our group, SCoG, the other SCoG group, and Blue Caste group


[08:16:04] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): "So, in terms of decision making, that leaves us with a few items. The first being the opening ceremony, or welcoming ceremony. I have some general ideas, but I would like to hear yours. Does anyone have any ideas for the opening of the summit?"


[08:17:31] Myriam-Aliyah Aurelius Antonius (noirnyte.spires): Sir Marcus should make an Introduction...*smiles*


[08:17:46] Myriam-Aliyah Aurelius Antonius (noirnyte.spires): As it's his city....


[08:17:59] Sabayna Kiseki no shukujo (tremlays): Blessed Melampus is not available, unfortunately, but perhaps could Blessed Tariq give a blessing.


[08:18:24] Myriam-Aliyah Aurelius Antonius (noirnyte.spires): That could work....*smiles*


[08:18:28] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): Welcome BB.


[08:18:33] Aldae Nagy: Where have you seen Gor is a religious planet?


[08:18:42] Aldae Nagy: We don't need to be blessed


[08:18:56] Marcus Aurelius Antoninus (mathman.orellana): Welcome to Thunder Mountain. We are honored in hosting the group


[08:19:11] Aldae Nagy: Stop those onlinisms, please


[08:19:34] Aldae Nagy: Just have a welcome speech


[08:19:59] Myriam-Aliyah Aurelius Antonius (noirnyte.spires): So what are initates Aldae?


[08:20:24] Aldae Nagy: Good question, Myriam and you know what the Scribes think about them


[08:20:32] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran) nods to Sabayna. "That's a nice idea. There is tension in the castes of Gor with the Initiates, certainly Aldae, and the initiates have their own legal system, but I am ambivalent as to whether we open with a blessing. What do the rest of you think?'


[08:22:08] Sabayna Kiseki no shukujo (tremlays): It is not an onlinism, when the initiates do their work.


[08:23:13] Myriam-Aliyah Aurelius Antonius (noirnyte.spires): "I don't know what harm it can do, as more than just scribes will hear it, the people of a city are usually involved with the opening ceremony... before we do the fun stuff, and anyone can attend the scribe summit, its not a closed door event even if we did do it behind closed doors - my opinion."


[08:23:16] Aldae Nagy: As Sir Marcus thinks that he can say I am not allowed to tell m thought, I think I  have to leave. I won't  attend the Scribes Summit. Thank you, Marcus  for your rudeness


[08:23:28] Myriam-Aliyah Aurelius Antonius (noirnyte.spires): Aldae! no


[08:23:37] Myriam-Aliyah Aurelius Antonius (noirnyte.spires): Really, please sit down.


[08:23:39] Aldae Nagy  looks at MArcus and rises his middle finger


[08:23:55] Aldae Nagy: For the other Free, I wish you well


[08:23:55] Myriam-Aliyah Aurelius Antonius (noirnyte.spires): *shakes her head*


[08:23:57] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): Wait


[08:26:16] Myriam-Aliyah Aurelius Antonius (noirnyte.spires): Lets continue please...


[08:28:13] Sabayna Kiseki no shukujo (tremlays): It was just a suggestion, since there was a blessing at the beginning last year as well. But it doesn't have to happen if there is no consensus and some people have reservations about it.


[08:29:54] Myriam-Aliyah Aurelius Antonius (noirnyte.spires): "There is tolerance... and then intolerance.." looks to Marcus, unfortunately he picks often the wrong point to stand upon".


[08:30:06] Myriam-Aliyah Aurelius Antonius (noirnyte.spires) smiles gently.


[08:31:40] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): "Yes, let's forego the blessing this year. Blessed Tariq has been under the weather anyway. Maybe a closing blessing. There are plenty of people who can do an introduction. We will table that for now.


[08:32:57] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): Item 2 is the closing event. I am not much of an OOC dance guy, and so if we do an OOC dance, my participation will be limited, but if that is what the group wants, we should hunt up a deejay. Thoughts?"


[08:34:58] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): Any thoughts on the closing event?


[08:36:30] Marcus Aurelius Antoninus (mathman.orellana): Well, I guess it comes down to do people usually attend those?


[08:37:04] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): I don't know. Myriam, you are a veteran of these events. Do people usually attend closing OOC dances?


[08:40:50] Sabayna Kiseki no shukujo (tremlays): Perhaps something in-character. A banquet, for instance, where short performances could be presented.


[08:40:55] Myriam-Aliyah Aurelius Antonius (noirnyte.spires): To be honest i have never attended one


[08:41:37] Marcus Aurelius Antoninus (mathman.orellana): That sounds like a plan


[08:41:50] Myriam-Aliyah Aurelius Antonius (noirnyte.spires): hmmm.... Banquet hmm sounds interesting, smiles i know a lady with a long table lol


[08:41:52] Marcus Aurelius Antoninus (mathman.orellana): So maybe a dance group?


[08:41:58] Myriam-Aliyah Aurelius Antonius (noirnyte.spires): nods,


[08:42:29] Sabayna Kiseki no shukujo (tremlays): Years ago, we once concluded a Sardar Fair with a banquet—back when it wasn't yet so large and didn't have so many participants.


[08:43:32] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran) smiles as Kati enters. "Welcome Kati. We were just having a discussion of the closing event. So we have an IC dance, a dance troupe presentation, and a banquet on the table. I like those ideas. Let's combine the IC dance and banquet into one, if that is what the group decides.


[08:44:09] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): Or if we go with a dance troupe, does anyone have any contacts with Sheen or Luminara? Are there others?"


[08:44:34] Myriam-Aliyah Aurelius Antonius (noirnyte.spires): lol.... Are we talking black and white ball and banquet?


[08:45:32] Myriam-Aliyah Aurelius Antonius (noirnyte.spires): I know the choreographer of one of the groups i can ask them


[08:46:22] Bea Lael Usami (lifepath)  @ Raises hand


[08:46:28] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): Yes Bea?


[08:47:17] Bea Lael Usami (lifepath) I know that the Scribe Summit is different from the En'kara Fair, but for that fair many people attended the closing ceremony; which was basically an ending to the fair and letting everyone know it is over and thanking them for their time type of thing'


[08:48:29] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): Yes and we should do that just after the final presentation no matter what we do for a closing.


[08:49:35] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): "I'm absolutely fine with whatever the group wants. All I would ask is that it not be too much work. Perhaps someone would take over that element of it?"


[08:52:04] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): "In the meantime, Myriam, please contact your friend in the dance group and see it they are available on September 27 at about noon SL. Marcus, you have a space here that can accommodate a dance troupe production?"


[08:53:15] Myriam-Aliyah Aurelius Antonius (noirnyte.spires): I have already and i have also contacted Hermes.


[08:54:55] Sabayna Kiseki no shukujo (tremlays): At the banquet concluding the Se’Kara Fair (2017), everyone was invited to present a song, poem, dance, or story: "Please contact Neroli Ihnen if you wish to perform a song, story or dance that celebrates your city." A diverse program came together.


[08:54:55] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): "Next, we have the matter of access. I would like to ask that all members of SCoG be cleared for access at TM today, Wednesday September 16, and Friday Sept 25-Sunday Sept 27. I would appreciate that Marcus."


[08:56:22] Marcus Aurelius Antoninus (mathman.orellana): Will do


[08:56:38] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): "Thank you Marcus."


[08:58:02] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): Sabayna, that is a lovely idea. So, would you like to see what you can come up with? Perhaps if you get people who are interested in that, and Myriam can book a dance troupe, that will be the closing. Maybe a short presentation of poetry and song, followed by the dance troupe?"


[08:58:32] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): "People will be tired from the weekend and ready to log anyway. So we shouldn't go more than two hours."


[08:59:34] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): What do you think? Myriam? Sabayna?


[09:00:02] Sabayna Kiseki no shukujo (tremlays): Unfortunately, I won't be able to participate because I'll be at a conference in real life at the same time. But putting out a call will surely generate some offers. It doesn't have to be anything long.


[09:03:52] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): Very well. Thank you Sabayna. If you would put out the call in SCoG* and ask for interested people to contact me. We can do it, if there is any interest, before the dance program."


[09:04:36] Sabayna Kiseki no shukujo (tremlays): I'd be happy to. I can certainly do that.


[09:06:12] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): Thank you, Sabayna, and Myriam you will contact the dance troupe?"


[09:08:11] Myriam-Aliyah Aurelius Antonius (noirnyte.spires): i will try no one is responding


[09:08:41] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): No rush Myriam. Keep at it and let me know the results.


[09:08:58] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): We will come up with something."


[09:09:07] Bea Lael Usami (lifepath) Are any decorations needed? I have a lot


[09:10:16] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): I don't think so, Bea, but thank you. One more issue for Marcus. Some of our presenters might need temporary rezzing rights during their presentations. You will be willing to grant that?


[09:10:28] Myriam-Aliyah Aurelius Antonius (noirnyte.spires): i have banners etc to put up and bunting and so on :)


[09:10:37] Marcus Aurelius Antoninus (mathman.orellana): Yes we can arrange that too


[09:10:48] Myriam-Aliyah Aurelius Antonius (noirnyte.spires): ust need to know who.


[09:11:05] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): "Also, here is the revised poster texture for each of you to put up at your cities if allowed.


[09:11:24] Marcus Aurelius Antoninus (mathman.orellana): Would you make a list so that we can plan for that?


[09:11:45] Myriam-Aliyah Aurelius Antonius (noirnyte.spires): nods yes i saw that


[09:12:58] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): Very well. We are about out of time. There is much more to consider. I would like to have a full schedule by next week so we can announce the schedule. I will verify participation and scheduling with the presenters and confirm, then I will announce. I think we still have the potential to do a successful conference that is of benefit to the scribing community.


[09:13:37] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): "We will meet in two weeks time in this room on September 16.


[09:13:49] Myriam-Aliyah Aurelius Antonius (noirnyte.spires): yes yes


[09:14:01] Myriam-Aliyah Aurelius Antonius (noirnyte.spires): wonderful


[09:14:46] Myriam-Aliyah Aurelius Antonius (noirnyte.spires): we should be closer to ready and this will be the last time to see the city, for after then we will likely be changing everything.


[09:16:12] Myriam-Aliyah Aurelius Antonius (noirnyte.spires): So it will be exciting times.


[09:16:12] Sabayna Kiseki no shukujo (tremlays): The wall chart is already looking very good. You have managed to fill it very well over the last few weeks.


[09:16:57] Myriam-Aliyah Aurelius Antonius (noirnyte.spires): Yes Trygg has worked his magic, my personal life has somewhat been limiting my capacity to help... i hope it will settle.


[09:17:38] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): Oh Myriam, we have one more event to add. Kati Evans at 1 pm on Saturday. 13:00:00 (1 pm) SL Time: From the Page to the Scene, (Kati Evans)


[09:19:59] Bea Lael Usami (lifepath) smiled while listening about the event


[09:20:00] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): "Also, will you confirm Lion Euler's presentation?"


[09:23:54] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): "Anyway, we are out of time. I thank you all for coming, and we will see each other, hopefully ready to go, in two weeks."


[09:25:16] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): Thank you again Marcus. Myriam, we will be in touch about schedule changes.


[09:25:39] Sabayna Kiseki no shukujo (tremlays) stands up and stretches: "Thank you for the interesting meeting. Have a good evening, everyone, and safe travels."


[09:25:46] Autumn Krigerand (autumneir): safe paths everyone, hope ayou all have an enjoyable day


[09:25:52] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): And thank you all for coming and for helping support the summit


[09:26:14] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): We will put out minutes after the 5 pm meeting.


[09:26:28] Marcus Aurelius Antoninus (mathman.orellana): will do brother


[09:26:38] Marcus Aurelius Antoninus (mathman.orellana): Thank you


[09:27:02] Myriam-Aliyah Aurelius Antonius (noirnyte.spires): Thankyou and you sister dear, and Lady Sabayna it is always a pleasure to see you and thankyou for your advice.


[09:27:50] Bea Lael Usami (lifepath) "Greet Meeting Thankyou. Please take care everyone


[09:28:45] Myriam-Aliyah Aurelius Antonius (noirnyte.spires): Thankyou Lady Bea, take care please


[09:30:02] Myriam-Aliyah Aurelius Antonius (noirnyte.spires): Trygg, you and i could cover these gaps if we needed, and i could rope Lady El in.


[09:30:17] Myriam-Aliyah Aurelius Antonius (noirnyte.spires): She hasnt been here in a while.


[09:30:37] Myriam-Aliyah Aurelius Antonius (noirnyte.spires): "Safe Paths sister dear"


[09:37:14] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): "I want to give Kar a chance to present, and I have one as does Astary. But yes, I would like El to present as well.


[09:38:16] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): "Be well all."