Meeting Summary — Scribe Caste of Gor*
October 7, 2026 | 8:05–9:05 a.m. SLT
Meeting Leader: Trygg Tyran
Location: Not specified in the supplied log.
Third Scribe Summit Review
Trygg thanked Myriam and Marcus for scheduling and hosting the summit, and the presenters for their contributions. Attendees described it as informative, well organized, and varied, with lectures closely focused on Scribe work.
Providing presentations in advance proved valuable when presenters could not attend. Trygg specifically thanked Kati for supplying her presentations, which he delivered in her absence. No specific changes were proposed for the next summit.
Revised Monthly Meeting Format
Those present supported trying the following format:
- Meet on the first Wednesday of each month, with sessions at 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. SLT.
- Have a volunteer host lead a discussion about a Scribe-related topic, including how duties and practices differ between cities.
- Require a discussion topic rather than a formal presentation. Topics generally do not need advance approval.
- Add meetings when necessary for summit or other event planning.
Trygg will post a notice on the last Wednesday of each month requesting a host and topic for the following meeting. He planned to present the proposal at the evening session before announcing it.
Mission Statement Review
The group reviewed its purpose: exchanging information, encouraging education, supporting collaboration, offering scholarly advice and learning resources, and strengthening fellowship among Scribes throughout Gor.
At Saku’s suggestion, Trygg added explicit references to mentorship and advice on preserving records. The revised wording received support from those who responded.
The group remains independent and unaffiliated with any school or university. Schools, teachers, and organizations are welcome to advertise classes and educational opportunities through the group.
Member Announcements
- Dexter Winters announced that he had chosen the legal division of the Scribe Caste. Members congratulated him.
- Saku (mi.yuequi) announced plans to step down as Assistant Head of Scribe at Thunder Mountain, effective Tuesday. OOC, Saku indicated plans to uninstall Firestorm. Trygg expressed appreciation for their association and said Saku would remain welcome to return.
To-Dos / Follow-Up
- Trygg: Present the meeting proposal at the 5 p.m. session and announce the new format.
- Trygg: Post the monthly request for a volunteer host and discussion topic.
- Members: Consider hosting a discussion and use the group to advertise relevant classes.
- Next morning meeting: First Wednesday of November — November 4, 2026, at 8 a.m. SLT, under the proposed schedule.
⊰════════════════════════════⊱
[8:05 AM] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): Welcome to all of you to the regular monthly meeting of Scribe Caste of Gor*. Thre are three topics to discuss this morning, and I suspect that much of it will be OOC. So I am going to go OOC now and speak to you as group members and players. I would like to spend about 20 minutes on each topic, which are:
~ The 3rd Scribe Summit. Highlights and lessons learned.
~ Going forward: A revised view for the rest of 2026 and into January.
~ If we have time in the hour of our meeting we can discuss the mission statement and formalize it.
[8:06 AM] Cody (irkky): Nods in agreement to the proposed plan
[8:07 AM] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): I will be OOC for much of the meeting, as these meetings have generally been planning meetings, especially leading up to the Scribe Summit. so I will flip to ooc
[8:07 AM] zCS # [Mod] TryggTyran Resident switched from [Combat] to [OOC].
[8:07 AM] zCS # [Mod] Mi Yuequi switched from [RP] to [OOC].
[8:08 AM] Kelli Gяєyℳooη:-Rizzo (kellygr5) is online.
[8:10 AM] TonyaZhao is online.
[8:10 AM] Autumn Krigerand (autumneir): nods in agreement
[8:11 AM] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): Okay, once again I want to thank Myriam and Marcus for scheduling and hosting the summit. I think it went pretty well, and it was pretty well attended. I am grateful to those of you who presented at the summit and I thought that it was a reasonable success, if stressful.
[8:11 AM] ๖̶ۜۜ͜ζ͜͡shar (shar.boxen) is offline.
[8:11 AM] Nuada Hawke-Xorius-Slade (nuada.soothsayer) is offline.
[8:11 AM] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): Did any of the others of you go? And if so, what were your impressions.
[8:12 AM] Nuada Hawke-Xorius-Slade (nuada.soothsayer) is online.
[8:12 AM] Nuada Hawke-Xorius-Slade (nuada.soothsayer) is offline.
[8:12 AM] Saku (mi.yuequi): Yes, I was there
[8:12 AM] Saku (mi.yuequi): I thought it was... informative
[8:13 AM] Cody (irkky): I attended a few lectures - it was my first visit and I was impressed with the organization and offerings.
[8:13 AM] Nuada Hawke-Xorius-Slade (nuada.soothsayer) is online.
[8:13 AM] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): Can you think of anything that we should have or could have done differently?
[8:13 AM] zCS # [Mod] Ramblaze Resident [Away] logged into the region.
[8:14 AM] Cody (irkky): Personally i wasn't there over several days to observe and get a feel...but the day I attended, it was informative with good variety of topics
[8:14 AM] William Carver is online.
[8:14 AM] Dexter Winters (sytheking1): i went . i was amazed on how some of this scribes did there lecture and how far advanced they were then me. i could never put on a presentation like them.
[8:15 AM] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): "Yes, I was very impressed as well. And some of the presenters, like Kati here, provided us with their presentations just in case, and that saved us in many cases.
[8:16 AM] Saku (mi.yuequi): I think the lectures were more scribe oriented
[8:18 AM] Kati Evans: Was sorry I could not present it myself.
[8:19 AM] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): But your presentations were excellent, though I doubt I could do them justice
[8:19 AM] zCS # [Mod] Ramblaze Resident switched from [Away] to [RP].
[8:20 AM] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): Anyway, I am glad that it seemed to be enjoyed.
[8:20 AM] Kati Evans: You are to kind
[8:20 AM] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): Not at all Kati. I appreciate everything you do.
[8:20 AM] Saku (mi.yuequi): Yes, Trygg did every well
[8:20 AM] Saku (mi.yuequi): in your stead
[8:21 AM] Autumn Krigerand (autumneir): unfortunately rl kepme away from the summit. with this being my first year as a scribe was hoping to learn so much more
[8:21 AM] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): Thank you Saku. Okay, if no one has any comments on the summit we will close that door for another year.
[8:21 AM] Aylla Howlingwind. (ayllac) is offline.
[8:22 AM] Duncan Willis is online.
[8:22 AM] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): I would like to present to you all my idea for a format going forward. Currently we meet on two Wednesdays a month in a different location. Most of the year, we don't have a topic or agenda in mind, except in the weeks leading up to the Scribe Summit. or the Sardar Fair.
[8:23 AM] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): I don't have the emotional bandwidth or time to arrange two meeting days per month, so this is what I would like to propose:
[8:23 AM] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): - meet once a month, on the first Wednesday at 8 am and 5 pm SL time.
[8:24 AM] ๖̶ۜۜ͜ζ͜͡shar (shar.boxen) is online.
[8:24 AM] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): - Have a volunteer lead a discussion topic related to scribing, sort of a how does it work in your city.
[8:25 AM] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): - I think this will give everyone a change to learn, OOC'ly for the most part, what works or doesn't work in other cities.
[8:25 AM] William Carver is offline.
[8:26 AM] Sho (shoshawna.dharma) is online.
[8:26 AM] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): - And it will be a mechanism to enjoy our own cities rather than be in Scribe meetings twice a month. We can increase the number if it's necessary when planning events.
[8:26 AM] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): any thoughts?
[8:26 AM] Orion Pastorelli is online.
[8:26 AM] Saku (mi.yuequi): @
[8:27 AM] Hiram Aït El Fayoum (elfayoum) is online.
[8:27 AM] Artco (firstschoice) is online.
[8:27 AM] Jarek SpiritWeaver is offline.
[8:28 AM] Cody (irkky): Being new to all this I obviously can't compare it to the former format, but as a proposal, it sounds good ... seems to bring some freshness to the idea of "meetings."
[8:28 AM] Autumn Krigerand (autumneir): sounds like a good idea to me
[8:29 AM] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): Saku?
[8:29 AM] Artco (firstschoice) is offline.
[8:30 AM] Saku (mi.yuequi): Sounds great. Does the subject need your approval?
[8:30 AM] Cody (irkky): ((apologies Saku - I didn't notice your hand raise before I posted))
[8:31 AM] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): Not really, Saku. I would expect the topic to be scribe related, but that is a broad canvas
[8:31 AM] Saku (mi.yuequi): Yes, thank you.
[8:31 AM] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): We had a remarkable presentation by coin girl at the summit about scribe interaction with slaves.
[8:32 AM] Kati Evans: Oh those sound good
[8:32 AM] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): So I think that there is a lot of room for creativity. And I wouldn't be asking for a presentation, just a discussion topic and a volunteer to host
[8:33 AM] zCS # [Mod] Mi Yuequi switched from [OOC] to [Away].
[8:33 AM] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): So I will put up a notice in SCoG* on the last Wednesday of the month, asking for a host and a discussion topic for the following Wednesday, the first Wednesday of the month
[8:33 AM] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): That is a way to keep the momentum going, and allow me an extra hour of sleep once a month
[8:34 AM] Kara Mantha is online.
[8:36 AM] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): Does anyone object to the plan?
[8:37 AM] Autumn Krigerand (autumneir): I have no objections
[8:37 AM] Cody (irkky): Shakes his head "no."
[8:37 AM] Brianna Malone (ayiranayo) is online.
[8:37 AM] Saku (mi.yuequi): no
[8:38 AM] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran) smiles "Okay let's try it. If we are heavily involved in the Sardar Fair planning this year we might want to meet more often, but the way the organizers are scheduling the fair, it might not be necessary to meet. The scribe summit will be a different story, but we have a whole year for that.
[8:40 AM] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran) pauses .. "Does anyone have any other comments?
[8:41 AM] Ella De Wren Bade (elladewren) is online.
[8:42 AM] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): Okay, I will present this at the 5 pm meeting and announce.
[8:42 AM] Saku (mi.yuequi): no
[8:42 AM] Autumn Krigerand (autumneir): sounds good to me
[8:43 AM] Hiram Aït El Fayoum (elfayoum) is offline.
[8:43 AM] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): "Thank you all. Let's move on to the final topic of the day, the mission statement:
[8:43 AM] Sho (shoshawna.dharma) is offline.
[8:44 AM] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): This is the mission statement, some of which appears in the group description but in bullet point form for lack of space.
[8:44 AM] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): The Scribe Caste of Gor* group's primary goal is that of exchange of information and educational opportunities to perpetuate and encourage the work of our caste. by providing a forum for announcements, educational opportunities such as this summit and to provide a forum for Scribes to collaborate on projects, seek advice from scholars, provide resources for learning or debate topics. Share stories or enjoy the familial ties of scribes through out Gor.
We remain independent and unaffiliated with any school or university, but all schools and organizations are welcome to use our resources to spread the word and work of the Caste of Scribes.
[8:45 AM] zCS # [Mod] George Barracuda [RP] logged into the region.
[8:46 AM] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): Does anyone have anything that should be added? Are we missing anything?
[8:46 AM] Dexter Winters (sytheking1): not me
[8:47 AM] Saku (mi.yuequi): @
[8:47 AM] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): Saku?
[8:48 AM] Saku (mi.yuequi): If I had to offer one minor tweak, maybe explicitly mention mentorship or archiving/preserving records, since those are classic Scribe traditions that fit right alongside collaboration and learning. Otherwise, it captures everything we're about.
[8:48 AM] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): Sure..
[8:49 AM] Jǟӄɛ Wօʟʄɛ (wildwolfe71) is online.
[8:49 AM] niran (shayne.kaestner) is online.
[8:49 AM] Jessika Roberts (jessikaroberts) is online.
[8:50 AM] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): Okay how does this sound?
[8:52 AM] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): The Scribe Caste of Gor* group's primary goal is that of exchange of information and educational opportunities to perpetuate and encourage the work of our caste. by providing a forum for announcements, educational opportunities, such as this summit and to provide mentorship, preservation of records advice, and a forum for Scribes to collaborate on projects, seek advice from scholars, provide resources for learning or debate topics. Share stories or enjoy the familial ties of scribes throughout Gor.
We remain independent and unaffiliated with any school or university, but all schools and organizations are welcome to use our resources to spread the word and work of the Caste of Scribes.
[8:52 AM] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): What do you think?
[8:52 AM] Jǟӄɛ Wօʟʄɛ (wildwolfe71) is offline.
[8:53 AM] Kati Evans: Yes
[8:53 AM] Hiram Aït El Fayoum (elfayoum) is online.
[8:53 AM] Jǟӄɛ Wօʟʄɛ (wildwolfe71) is online.
[8:53 AM] Autumn Krigerand (autumneir): I like it
[8:54 AM] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): Great and for those of you who own schools or teach classes on a regular basis, please you the group to advertise. Any group is by necessity essentially OOC anyway, so take advantage of the group to spread the word
[8:55 AM] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): Okay we are at about the end of our meeting time allotment Does anyone have anything else to bring up?
[8:55 AM] zCS # [Mod] Mi Yuequi switched from [Away] to [OOC].
[8:56 AM] Tura (jalanihermosa) is offline.
[8:56 AM] Autumn Krigerand (autumneir): I do not have anything currently
[8:56 AM] Saku (mi.yuequi): @
[8:57 AM] Stefania Wildrose is online.
[8:58 AM] Wynna Aonifall (wynna) is online.
[8:58 AM] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): Saku?
[8:58 AM] Dexter Winters (sytheking1): me i have chosen the legal division of scribe caste .
[8:58 AM] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): congratulations Dexter.
[8:59 AM] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): Every city needs a good magistrate
[8:59 AM] Autumn Krigerand (autumneir): congratulations Dexter, you will be a great one
[8:59 AM] Saku (mi.yuequi): "While we are discussing caste matters, there is a personal note I need to share with everyone. After much consideration, I will be stepping down from my duties as Assistant Head of Scribe here at Thunder Mountain."
[8:59 AM] Saku (mi.yuequi): "Effective on Tuesday"
[9:00 AM] Autumn Krigerand (autumneir): I'm sorry to hear that saku
[9:00 AM] Kati Evans: Oh
[9:00 AM] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): I see. I hope that you find another place at which to practice your skills.
[9:00 AM] Aylla Howlingwind. (ayllac) is online.
[9:01 AM] Saku (mi.yuequi): "Thank you, but I will be exploring the wilderness." ((uninstalling FS))
[9:01 AM] Tura (jalanihermosa) is online.
[9:02 AM] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): Very sorry to hear that. It has been a nice association.
[9:02 AM] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): Feel free to come back at anytime. You will be welcome in SCoG*
[9:02 AM] Saku (mi.yuequi): Yes, it has
[9:02 AM] Saku (mi.yuequi): Thank you for that, Sir.
[9:02 AM] Jarek SpiritWeaver is online.
[9:03 AM] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): So, we are out of time. All the best, Saku, and to the rest of you, we will see you the first Wednesday of Novemember.
[9:03 AM] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): November*
[9:03 AM] Autumn Krigerand (autumneir): thank you trygg for the meeting, we'll wishes everyone
[9:03 AM] Dexter Winters (sytheking1): was fun
[9:03 AM] Saku (mi.yuequi): Thank you again. Trygg
[9:03 AM] Kati Evans: Thank you Trygg
[9:04 AM] Cody (irkky): Thanks Trygg - be well all...
[9:04 AM] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran): Thank you all for coming
[9:04 AM] Angel Ely: safe paths everyone she would say to those leaving
[9:05 AM] Trygg Tyran (tryggtyran) smiles "Serve with heart girl"
[9:05 AM] Angel Ely smiles to him
No comments:
Post a Comment